Sunday, July 18, 2010

do you know how big my Lord is?

my Lord is so big that he listens to a seven-year-old Taiwanese girl sweetly sing even though she doesn't always act nicely.
my Lord is so big he let some people have lots of ability to make 3D movies just for human fun.
my Lord is so big he made blueberries small and perfect so I can eat them each morning.
he made water for swimming and bathing in - and we can drink it too.
he made writers who write books and minds that can grow from reading them.
he made cows that give milk to make frozen yogurt on a hot California day.
he made toenails for toe nail polish to go with nice sandels on summer days.
he made leafy oak trees and pokey palm trees.
he made California, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Vermont. my, have you seen all of those places? drive around with some music coming from people made in God's image. watch the different mountains, hills, trees, sunshine.
my Lord is so big he can be in all of those places at the same time, and he can listen to your prayer and mine.
my Lord is so big he can love unconditionally and always.
he made the bright sun that nestles itself behind the Santa Cruz mountains.
he made mathematicians and lawyers and singers and teachers who go to Ivy League schools.
he made every person I see every day. he made them all. not one of them goes unnoticed.
my Lord is so big he gave people have bits of his love so he could shine through them.
he listens to me when I need consolation. he reminds me that he is not simple, but that his love is unconditional.
my Lord is so big.
my Lord is so big he saved me from my sin, and still gives me himself every day despite my small estate.
my Lord is so big he didn't have to do any of it. but he did.

3 comments: